Stanisoara Friary with "St. George" titular saint is located near the mountain Cozia, on its southern slope, on the territory of Calimanesti, Valcea County. It can be reached on the valley Pausa-Stânişoara to the north, leaving the halt CFR Pausa-Căciulata , at about 6 km, or from Turnu railway station, on the East, at about 4 km.
The first monastic establishment, at Nucet-Stanisoara, was a wooden skete (construction date is unknown) that is linked to the names of Meletie hermit, Neophyte hermit, Isaiah hermit and others, who came to these places from Cozia Monastery and lived in the local caves.
In 1747, George Clucerul, together with other landowners from Pitesti, built here a church that was emptied in 1788 by Turkish invaders who burned the church and killed the monks.
Between the years 1803-1806 the skete Nucet-Stânişoara was rebuilt by the monks Sava and Theodosius, who came from Athos, supported by Bishop Iosif of Arges, but the fire of 1850 destroyed the entire settlement.
The current stone church was built between 1903 and 1908, under the bishop Gherasim Timus and the Abbot was Nicodim Manu. The church chapel was built in 1937. Six high priests, members of the Romanian Orthodox Church Holy Synod, participated at the groundbreaking. At that time, the monastery had inside a holiday house with 100 beds. The entire monastic settlement is located in a quiet natural setting, surrounded by natural beauty. The monastic life here is austere and blessed by God with many spiritual joys. The Pilgrim can reach Stanisoara after crossing the natural beauty of the valley Pausa and he could say that he stands on place where finding God is made through prayer, in an atmosphere specific to hermits.