Monastic life: Nuns with community life
Abess: Nun Mariami Tunza.
Telephone: 0250/750244; 0744/219010.
Titular Saint: „Virgin Mary´s Birth " (8 sept.).
History: The church was rebuilt between 1520 and 1521 on the place of an old church from the fifteenth century, being founded by Neagoe Basarab (1512 - 1521) and his wife, Mrs. Despina. After her husband, Neagoe Basarab and her son Teodosie had died, she became a monk of this monastery. It was painted between the years 1752 and 1760.
The nun Maximilia, sister of Ion C. Bratianu was the abbess of the skete during the sixth decade of the nineteenth century. Restoration works took place in: 1940, from 1956 to 1957 and from 1962 to 1963. Because of the hydropower on the river Olt, the skete was elevated by about 5 m (1983-1984).
Miracle-working icon: Virgin Mary Hodighitria Icon, restored in 1791 by Ioan Zugravul.